So, a while back I started a new MDF kit. Surprisingly, I managed to get it almost finished in a single evening. The second kit was ready to start but I never got around to it as I was quickly drawn into something else… As usual…
These kits look like a lot of bits when you start but they are easier than you would think. Especially when you remember to paint (or ink in my case) all the parts before you put them together.
They are both now completed to nearly the same stage and I really need to start thinking about how I finally finish them off.
The different kits are made up from many of the same parts. So sections like the roof are effectively interchangeable
I still need to paint the second roof, paint the window frames in a contrasting colour and add a door knob or two.
I should also try to add some weathering as they look a little too clean at this point. My dirty paint water pot and a small sponge should give me the right level of grime without getting too many brush marks or tide lines.