The Harlequins have been back out as I wanted to see if I could get some undercoating done with the airbrush while the weather is so cold. No rattle can will work at the moment so a bit of primer on a few figures might give me something to do in the next weeks.
My cheap Chinese airbrushes are not brilliant, but after having to clean them quite so vigorously last time, due to paint caking at the nozzle, I do wonder if they have are now slightly worse. While undercoating the paint dried up in the nozzle quite quickly and they were slightly spluttery when working as well.
When the airbrush was last used, it was back in the summertime so it might be just me or to do with the weather, but I didn’t pursue things today any longer than it took to try some slight colour fades on these six figures.
As I will NOT be trying any fancy paint techniques on these boys and girls, I thought some brighter colours and slow transitions might be a good start.
Red to Orange. Green to Yellow. Red to Yellow. Playing around more than painting really. It should give me a head start towards these guys being a bit more interesting than just a regular brush paint job.
While I am spending time with my clippers, scalpel and glue. I guess it is inevitable that other kits might get completed. Well, put together at least.
Where as the Gellerpox Infected might number in the teens as a full Kill Team, these Eldar Harlequins are slightly more ‘Elite’ so hardly any are needed. Only six Players can be fielded as a full 100point force. A £25 box of figures from GW doesn’t often supply you with everything you need.
In this case it doesn’t either, as to get the crew I wanted I would have needed to buy a second set just to get the weapon options I required… But with a slight compromise on weapon options, and some further juggling of points values, I managed to keep it at six figures and hold onto my sanity to boot.
The figures themselves are quite slight, as you might expect for elves in space. It’s my first space elves, ever, so please don’t look too closely at how I built them. To get a sensible pose out of them (not looking like they just tripped over) I was less than careful in checking the pieces used in their construction.
I am pretty sure some of the boys are now eunuchs and a few of the ladies might be packing a little more than you bargained for..
Either way, with a little paint on them they might not get noticed…
And NO, when it come to it, I will not be trying to paint diamond patterns on their tiny little limbs…